Listen on: Apple Podcasts | Spotify
On today’s episode of Born to Be, Sam talks with Jessica Handelman, owner, and founder of Jessica Jewellry, an online boutique of feminine and classic fine jewellery with a modern twist based in Toronto, Canada. Jessica grew up as the daughter of one of Canada’s leading wholesalers in the gold and diamond industry. With an eye for trends and an insider connection to the global supply chain for gold and diamonds, she saw an opportunity to disrupt the industry by offering excellent pricing on beautiful merchandise directly to the consumer.
During the episode, Jessica shares how her family’s support allowed her to enter the jewellry industry at a very low risk.
She discusses transitioning from private clients to an online store, as well as how she builds trust and credibility as an online business.
Jessica will explain why she spends very little money on marketing, and why her sales increased significantly during the pandemic.
She will also reveal her brand’s exciting future plans.
Join Sam and Jessica for this fascinating discussion about trust and credibility in business and learning from mistakes.
What You Will Learn in this Episode:
- A look into Jessica Jewellry, including its founding principles.
- Why Jessica’s transition to an online store was a natural progression.
- How Instagram brought her new customers.
- The lengths she’s willing to go in order to stay relevant and appealing to today’s clients
- The impact of the pandemic on online shopping.
- And so much more…